I have set a goal of 12 yrs of being financially independent (FI) and Early Retirement (ER), but, what it means to me: Does it mean retiring and sipping tea in the back yard 🙂 Perhaps once in a while 😉 I am going to write some of my thoughts about becoming FI and its importance to me.
Being FI means following to me:
- Able to spend and enjoy more time with family, relatives, kids and friends who mean so much to me.
- Bring better balance and equilibrium in personal life. Increase my participation in the kids activities be at school, games, or education.
- Freedom to be able to pursue other entrepreneurial activities, create new businesses and innovative solutions for the good of mankind.
- Be able to participate in Charitable causes that mean a lot to me and community services. Even though, we are the richest nation in the world and still kids go hungry breaks my heart. so, hopefully, FI would allow me to devote more time to these noble causes.
- Able to travel to various beautiful parts of world in Europe, Asia, Latin America, and others, explore their rich culture and take a long road trip in all states of US and world.
Dividend Mantra said succinctly: FI is about Choice. Yes, it is about choice my friends!
You can have choices in the life that can enrich life and touch someone’s life hopefully 🙂
What does Financial Independence (FI) and Early Retirement (ER) mean to you?
Thanks for reading.
At the beginning of the month, I will be posting the dividend income earned from all of my 3 portfolios: DRIP, HID1 and HID2.
Dividends Income – January 2014
Total Dividend: $210.77
Note that my Dividend Income was inflated in January due to one-time long-term and short term investment gain distributions in PTY. But, it only demonstrates the power of dividends that have a snow balling effect on income as more dividends let you buy more securities which in turn generate more passive dividend income. That’s the magic of dividend growth investing even if you begin with a small amount.
Full Disclosure: Long in all above mentioned securities.
Passive Income Mavericks is created to start a rich life style based on the passive income earned through various means like dividend income from stocks, bonds or other securities, rental income, income from side gigs, as an entrepreneur or even doing some part-time work at your own convenience from home or a beach and to get away from 9 to 5 rat race life-style towards path of freedom.
I do not expect that you start your journey with a silver spoon like investing with $5000 or even $500,000 but rather empathize with the folks who can not afford to start with such a big amount. I started this journey with a small peanut amount of $50 (you can start your journey even with $25 or $5, but, start you must) in 2011 and explains how you can walk with me.
If you want to start a financial independent (FI) life-style, I want to continue the journey with you and sincerely hope that it will be an exciting path that leads us towards freedom from 9 to 5 treadmill (hey! if you love your job, you can keep it with the additional benefits).
Please join with me to start this amazing journey together! Thank you for your kind support.
Disclaimer: I am neither a licensed investment advisor or a tax professional. This site is solely for educational and informational use only. I am not liable for any losses suffered by any parties. Please consult with an investment professional and/or tax professional before investing any of your money. Investments may decline in value and cause you to loose money, unless FDIC insured and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance. Any securities published here are not recommendations to buy or sell, and you should do your own research before investing any money.